HAND BLOWN TERRARIUMS


I have finished my first hand blown terrariums.  I'm very pleased with the way they came out. The key was to play with shapes I found in nature and art (i.e., gourds; pebbles; mushrooms and fungi; beans; the work of Anish Kapoor and Dale Chihuly).  In addition, I found a great deal of inspiration in modern and mid-century modern design as well as everyday objects, such as jellybeans.

I have hundreds of shapes in mind and can't wait to continue creating different terrariums with variations on plants, materials and topography.

I'll be dividing my terrariums into two categories:  These hand blown terrariums as well as my glass cubes will be "Bespoke" (custom-made). Other terrariums, that are available in ready-made vessels, will be "Ready-to-Go” (or some name to that effect).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All images and content copyright Jeffrey Schneider of JAMES Modern Terrariums 2009.