TOTALLY ENCLOSED - EVEN MORE CAREFREE TERRARIUM

My terrariums are rather carefree.  You DO have to water them monthly.  While growing cuttings and preparing terrariums, I often place cling wrap over the opening of my terrariums.  I found that I could leave the terrariums for months without touching them.

So, I thought this ease of care would be great for clients.  The difficulty was in creating an attractive stopper that would not fall out of the vertical opening.  After a bit of thought, trial and error, I came up with a hand blown glass stopper (see above).  Now, if clients choose, they can enjoy an even more carefree terrarium.  

In addition, I love the slight condensation that builds up on the inside of the terrarium... very atmospheric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All images and content copyright Jeffrey Schneider of JAMES Modern Terrariums 2009.